History / Milestones
Singapore International School was first established in September 1991 in Kennedy Town with an enrolment of 200 pupils.
In 1995, SIS moved to its current premises in Aberdeen. The new purpose-built school was built on land granted by the Hong Kong government, and the cost of the building was borne by the Singapore Government.
In 2012, our secondary campus was officially open. The two campuses are connected by a link-bridge.
Presently, the school has an enrolment of approximately 1320 pupils of more than 20 nationalities with Singaporeans and Hong Kong citizens forming the majority.
SIS is recognised as a premier educational institution. Our first two batches of students have done well in their IGCSE examinations: they include winners of the Outstanding Cambridge Learners, such as Top in the World (Additional Mathematics, Global Perspectives and Mathematics) and Top in Hong Kong (Biology, Global Perspectives, Music and Physics). Our first batch of IBDP students graduated in 2012/13.
|Video for Official Opening of Secondary Campus on 20 April 2012|
|Open House Video on 22 March 2014|